Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mmmm... & a question

Christmas came early this weekend when my mother gave me her bread machine! I'm so excited. The first thing I did when we got to the mainland was make DH drag me to the Hannaford for bread mixin's.


I started simple, with a Krusteaz country white mix (I also purchased Italian Herb) just to make sure I couldn't mess up. I've also bought King Arthur flour and yeast so I can try it on my own. I imagine that I'm going to get so much use out of this wonderful little machine (it kind of reminds me of Eva from WALL-E).


Delish! We have devoured half the loaf already!
My question.. what's your favorite recipe for a bread machine bread? I'd like to find a recipe for a really hardy bread.. my favorite is Arnold's OatNut if that's any help.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, warm homemade bread is the best. I'm no help because I've never made it - just eat too much of it. I notice your K-cup carosel in background. What's your fav? I just tried a Nantucket Blend and like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Is there anything better than a warm loaf of bread? how about the aroma! I will look for the bread book manuel for you and save a jar of my raspberry jam. Stay in touch, I had a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect loaf...I would have eaten half the loaf too! I don't have any bread machine recipes. I do have a good oatmeal/molasses recipe but I just bake it in the oven. Let me know if you want to try it.

    ReplyDelete