I know you all know how much I love to knit/craft, but my heart is often in the kitchen. I love to bake, especially. Although I had Thursday off from work due to the snow we received, DH unfortunately had to brave the elements and go to work (3-11pm). Because most of his work is done outside I thought it would be nice of me to make sure he had something yummy when he came home.
Our cupboards (and fridge) were pretty bare, but I managed to whip up a little something delicious. I call it Mystery Meal because I really didn't know how well it would turn out.
I'm happy to say that we both really liked it! Here's what I did:
- preheat oven to 375
- boiled 3/4 package of Wacky Mac (cooked, drained, set aside)
- buttered a dish
- whisked 3 eggs in a bowl, mixed in Italian seasoning and s&p
- added it to the Mac, pour into dish
- cover pasta with a large can of tomato/pasta sauce.. any kind will do.. I used a 4 cheese one I think
- top with cheese (the more the better, IMO)
- 20 minutes until cheese melts a bit and sauce bubbles
And then, because I'm that nice and had just one egg left, I made him some chocolate chip cookies :)